Who regulates mortgage brokers and are they regulated?

Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC) regulates mortgage brokers. Mortgage brokers must either hold a credit representative license under a licensee (usually an aggregator) or an Australian Credit License (ACL). The broker industry falls under the scope of the National Consumer Credit Protection Act (NCCP).

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *